Picked Up new LR4 yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phil1ben

Reaction score
Picked up our car at the dealer today. 2015 HSE in Scotia Gray with Sirius, Vision Assist, Climate Comfort, In Control, Black Lacquer Interior. Ordered February 12 and delivered April 29. Initial impressions are follows:

1. ECO thing should be turned off always.
2. Car has plenty of power.
3. I like the blind spot system. Better than in my Volvo.
4. Will require some time to acclimate myself to the radio/nav.
5. Didn't realize how much shorter it is than my F-150 Supercrew.
6. The process to use the third row of seats is more complicated than expected. Will rarely use.
7. Like the fact that the car lowers. Will be easier when picking up my 83 year old mother.
8. My wife likes that her initials are LR.
9. Visibility is excellent.
10. Dealer did a nice job preparing the car and explaining operation. Lets see how much I will remember.
11. Also bought the LR 100,000 7 year extended warranty with -0- deductible.

Attachments

• LR4.JPG
    LR4.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 69

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much did they charge you for the extended warranty? The 3rd row seat process isn't that bad, I use it all the time...

phil1ben

Reaction score
I guess it all goes into the overall deal. I paid $2,845.00 for the LR warranty plus applicable tax. A third party warranty was cheaper but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of that warranty. Got 5% off MSRP on the sale price after negotiation between different dealers. I went in with my eyes open that these cars break and it cost a lot to fix them. Only the future will tell if the insurance paid off. We keep cars for 10-12 years and normally put 150,000 miles on them by the time of sale.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks great. Rear seat isn't "easy". I tend to leave one of them up most of the time. It does become a bit easier over time.

Shorter than your F150? Yep. The LR4 is actually not that massive a vehicle - especially given its available interior space.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on finally getting it. You will get used to working the 3rd row, but you are right that it is pretty cumbersome. The upside is the room - I am over 6' and fit comfortably.

As for the warranty, my understanding is that the LR extended warranty is actually managed by a third party company, just branded LR. We are going to buy for ours as well but got a higher quote. Thanks for posting the price, will see if we can get that price from our dealer.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome! I really wanted scotia grey but since there were no 2014 LR4s to look at (let alone test drive!) I ordered mine blind. I couldn't find good pics online to convince me to get the scotia and I picked a color I could find a lot of pics of. Agreed on the power. The 3rd row seat process will get much quicker and easier after you do it a few times. I had Eco turned off in the beginning too, but once I understood the nuances I have it on 99% of the time now.

phil1ben

Reaction score
There is a picture in the brochure but not a very good one. We like the color. Interesting how it looks so different under different light conditions. Inside in dim light it looks gray. In the sun it takes on a green tint and at dusk it looks somewhat blue. Metallic paint will do that.

Thank you all for your comments.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72