offroaders - what shoes do you wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those shoes are pretty distracting in a meeting rofl.
But hey, there are some people who don't wear shoes here period so I guess I'd rather see a wetsuit looking foot cover than otherwise :)
Really? No shoes?!? You must work for some hippy techie start-up? ;-)

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha! I guess I can't talk I have an iPhone and MacBook Air, but no iPad. All apple gadgets are work required. ;-) though, I do like apple products, I just can't handle the store.

I love the Apple products too but can't stand the iPad. Find it to be the most useless product they have almost. I want to love it so I can say I have every product they make but just cant find a use for it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Apple products too but can't stand the iPad. Find it to be the most useless product they have almost. I want to love it so I can say I have every product they make but just cant find a use for it.
I just do what I need with the laptop and iPhone. Today biking to work I saw a guy driving, talking on his phone (illegal), and doing something on his iPad (also illegal). I wanted to rip them out of his hands and crush them both. I will say biking to work I see a lot of interesting driver's habits. After 1.5 years of research I can safely say that women are the most distracted drivers. It's fact.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In regard to the OP, I also use a trail running shoe for anything that involves camping/hiking.

I remember when the original iPhone went out, I've never seen so many distracted pedestrians and drivers in my life. I'm actually pretty anxious to bike to work or in the neighborhood because of the mobile distractions these days.

The iPad is awesome in my opinion, it doesn't replace my MBP, but my wife uses her's exclusively as she doesn't need to do more than what it offers. I didn't get the DVD system in the LR4 as it's not our main family car, but at least we have iPads for the monkeys to keep them busy when we do use it. I'm actually wondering if I need to get the iPad mount or just let them hold it themselves (which I think they prefer).

And David, the work hours here DO feel like a startup, but the crowded parking and cafeteria say otherwise! And yes plenty of yuppie hippies :smile:

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually go barefoot and have a pair of flip-flops with me. In my trunk I got a pair of military boots (Mini-Mil from Belleville - light and not much sole) which after yesterday's encounter I might use more often.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 24

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh my, scaled to those tire tracks that guy looks pretty big!
Adrenaline pumper for sure.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually go barefoot and have a pair of flip-flops with me. In my trunk I got a pair of military boots (Mini-Mil from Belleville - light and not much sole) which after yesterday's encounter I might use more often.

Where were you?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was at the exit of Rio Puerco close to Albuquerque.
It was indeed pretty fat but probably happy I didn't just run it over.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a huge diamondback rattle snake a few months ago on a trail - he was very cool and rather aggressive.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just do what I need with the laptop and iPhone. Today biking to work I saw a guy driving, talking on his phone (illegal), and doing something on his iPad (also illegal). I wanted to rip them out of his hands and crush them both. I will say biking to work I see a lot of interesting driver's habits. After 1.5 years of research I can safely say that women are the most distracted drivers. It's fact.

Hey, David, since you bike to work I want you to know that the permanent plates I put on my LR4 yesterday are "Share the Road" plates. I haven't done much riding the past 18 months due to minor injuries and burnout. But for a few years I was rode regularly. I still have 5 bikes but the only one that sees action these days is my mountain bike and even that is simply short rides in the hills above our house. Maybe next year. I might consider riding to work by office is 50' from my bedroom. So I guess that doesn't count. ;-)

I share your frustration with distracted drivers. So dangerous. People don't respect the potential dangers of driving a 2 ton vehicle around. And they don't respect others on the road. The worst is the danger. Then there is the annoyance of being left at a light because the guy in front of you wasn't driving, he was texting. When you get behind the wheel your sole job is to drive. Period.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72