Wow, the stock tires are horrible in snow!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stocks are pretty bad in snow. Hakkas are awesome. I have dedicated wheels for my winter tires. Makes it easy two swap out in my garage twice a year.

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stocks are pretty bad in snow. Hakkas are awesome. I have dedicated wheels for my winter tires. Makes it easy two swap out in my garage twice a year.

+1

I use my stock wheels for my winter tires. Compos for my main tires.

Causeway LR4

Reaction score
I am running Coopers. Not much snow action this year as we just had a baby and that means no snowboarding this season, but I did put the stock Conti's on for a long cross country road trip and they were horrible in the cold. Flat spotted every morning below freezing. Needed 20 minutes at highway speeds to warm them up and make them round again.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running Coopers. Not much snow action this year as we just had a baby and that means no snowboarding this season, but I did put the stock Conti's on for a long cross country road trip and they were horrible in the cold. Flat spotted every morning below freezing. Needed 20 minutes at highway speeds to warm them up and make them round again.

I've noticed the flat-spotting as well - even when it's not THAT cold out.

srschick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to look into a good inexpensive set of wheels that will allow me to mount some winter tires. I don't mind switching wheels in the winter. I used to do that with my BMW a few years ago. Any recommendations?

I've got a set of LR3 19" 6 spokes for sale at a decent price... :hello:

srschick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I'm not to the prerequisite 50 post needed in order to post in the for sale section.
PM me if you're interested.
it's a set of 4. located in St.Louis

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Goodyear Adventure All Terrains, while not too good off road, they have been great in the snow here in Virginia/DC area.

LBCWT

Reaction score
I just joined this forum and have sent a PM to the administrator about posting a thread in the Seller's forum. I had the same issue with the all seasons. They feel very unsafe in snow.

I picked up a 2014 LR4 last April but traded it in for a 2015 Range Rover Autobiography this week. The problem however, is that I picked up a brand new wheel/tire set from TireRack (which apparently only had 2 winter package options) 3 weeks ago for the LR4, which of course doesn't fit on the Range Rover given the RR has 22s.

So if anyone is looking for what is essentially a brand new set of winter wheels/tires I've got a set that I'll sell heavily discounted. I paid $3200CAD to my door. I'll entertain any reasonable offer.

19x9 O.Z. Monaco HLT MG ($1304.00) on 255/55R-19 Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 XL ($692.00) including 433MHz Tire Pressure Sensors ($340.00)

Attachments

• oz_monacohlt_mg_ci3_l.jpg
    oz_monacohlt_mg_ci3_l.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads