Akebono Ceramic Pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.. seen a lot of brake threads here but none specifically speak of (that I can find) Akebono Ceramic Pads.

Anyone running them?

How is the bite vs OEM?

My goal is to keep OEM cold stopping power but decrease wear on rotors. Who's isnt right? :bandit:

Starting with my rears. Doing new rotors and pads.

Last edited:

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put OEM rotors and Akebono pads on my LR3 in January. Everything immediately felt "smoother" to me. Quiet and smooth with no dust. The stopping bite is not better than OEM, it may even be a touch less, but the overall stopping power is fine - I have never felt that it was insufficient or problematic.

Someone on another forum said they began having squeeking after a year with brembo rotos and Akebono pads, but I have not experienced anything yet.

dj_karl

Reaction score
Had them and had no issues. Good bite and less dust compared to semi metallic pads.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, looks like Akebono is making some changes, so if you will need them soon, grab them:

Interesting. I ended up going with Textar pads and rotors for the time being. I just wanted a bit more piece of mind for towing etc.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EBC Green Box pads, and EBC Sport Rotors (Slotted, and dimpled)
Definitely worth the money.
Less dust and better bite when cold,
However I do have a squeak upon initial brake application in the morning until the pads/rotors wear off yesterdays rust surface. Usually after 3/4 appplications, no more noise.
Was going through the mountains towing a trailer, and did not notice any brake fade.
At <$500.00 for all four cornors, can't beat the price either.

I know you were asking about the Akebono's but had to throw in my $.02 :)

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EBC Green Box pads, and EBC Sport Rotors (Slotted, and dimpled)
Definitely worth the money.
Less dust and better bite when cold,
However I do have a squeak upon initial brake application in the morning until the pads/rotors wear off yesterdays rust surface. Usually after 3/4 appplications, no more noise.
Was going through the mountains towing a trailer, and did not notice any brake fade.
At <$500.00 for all four cornors, can't beat the price either.

I know you were asking about the Akebono's but had to throw in my $.02 :)

Great feedback. :hello:

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great feedback. :hello:
Also I am about 10K into the set and still have about 75%+ left on the front and at least 85% on the rear.
I measure them when I rotate the tires in case you were wondering, I'm a bit thorough about that stuff:stupid:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72