Tire Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 LR4 HSE with 27k miles and the tires are looking pretty sad. I’d love any recommendations from you all. I’m not the biggest fan of Continental tires, so I’d really like to know what else is out there. My wife drives this car, so it is primarily used for on-road / city / suburban driving.

I look forward to reading your thoughts.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you go to tirerack.com....you will see there are very little choices there

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm debating between the Michelin Latitude and the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza. Any thoughts? Anyone have experience with either of these?

bash535i

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin - the Duelers aren't what they are hyped up to be in my observation.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the michelins and they were fantastic for onroad use. Extremely quiet and very soft ride. They reduce rolling resistance so the truck felt slightly quicker off the line. The one negative was there was slightly more body lean than my new coopers AT and even the contis, from what I remembered.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelins, for sure!

I have Cooper Zeon LTZs, which I love, but I wanted an off-road capable tire. If I was 100% on the road, I'd likely go for the Michelins.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm debating between the Michelin Latitude and the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza. Any thoughts? Anyone have experience with either of these?

I compared these 2 from tire rack:

Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2
Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza

I think Michelin is the way to go – it has better wet/snow/ice ratings, even if dry conditions have worse raitings.

Another day I had to brake hard in the rain at ~50 mph speed – I don’t want to have that experience again. The ABS came on, but it did not affect my speed in any way. Lucky idiot saw me at the last moment and managed to accelerate away from intersection...

96_993TT

Reaction score
I've had really great luck with these on my LR3. When its time for the LR4 to get new shoes I'm going this route... Hankook Ventus AS RH07

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input everyone. I went to Discount Tire today and bought the Michelin's. So far I like the ride.

obdoc

Reaction score
So the options haven't changed much. The debate is on --The Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus or the Michelin Latitude Tour HP. How has your experience been with the Michelins after 2 years?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72