DVD Headrest aftermarket job/photos..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24Hours

snwbrdn said:
For those interested in a headrest DVD job, I bought this used 2005 HSE and it already had a dvd system installed. I didn't think the headrest lcds would work with the angle and small headrest but walla, it's great. The player is in the top glove box. See links below

http://tinypic.com/v8cuah.jpg
http://tinypic.com/v8cu2p.jpg

Nice.

I got the dealer option with dual flip-down screens and love the fact that when they are folded, our daughter is less-inclined to ask for a movie. I'll post pics later.

BTW, your DVD player is nicer than what the dealer installed for us, as I don't have the front aux plugs.

S

snwbrdn

Good Point, out of sight, out of mind as far as the kids are concerned. But I suppose learning to say no when the temptation is staring at you is a lifelong lesson--one I personally need to work on myself. he he. I think the biggest benefit though is not having your rear view mirror blocked by a single flip down like the Rosen. I'm sure that wouldn't look too good in court.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI: Rear view mirrors are not mandatory by law, unless you don't have an external passenger side mirror. Well, at least in most states... (pulling a trailer would be illegal!)

J

jazzy_james

I like it! Are those 7" lcds? Fits perfectly! What dvd system is that? And how is that hooked up to the factory headunit. Are you using the aux input behind the center console or is that connected somewhere behind the headunit. Very nice.

S

snwbrdn

Well, it is a Farenheit lcd and player (farenheitusa.com) and unfortunately when I bought the LR3 used it had no manuals with it, but I believe it is what they call a 6.5" screen, but the dimensions make no sense to me when you measure the screen itself. It is not hooked up to the factory head unit perse, or the aux connector. Acutally it has a wirless transmitter for headphones mounted on the ceiling and it comes with a switch that is mounted in the blank spot behind the parking brake lever that is an fm modulator. All I have to do to hear sound through the speakers is tune to an fm station of 8x.x (i can't remeber) and it plays wirlessly through the speakers if you want. The lcds have buttons to select one of two inputs, so theoretically you could have 2 separate movies playing if you had another portable player and hooked it up to the video 2 connectors on the front of the dvd player. I think this is a relatively inexpensive setup compared to $1800-$2000 for the Rosen. The dvd player is like $80 on the web and the lcd's are maybe $225 each. The wireless headphones (audiovox here) and labor add some cost I'm sure, but I'm telling ya, this doesn't cost "that much"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM