02 Freelander Sunroof Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djelkins

Reaction score
Hey, I am new here and I just wanted to ask a question. I have an 02 freelander and the moonroof wont move. It isnt closed all the way like the back of it is popped up a bit and it is letting rain in if it rains hard. I take it to the dealer and they say it needs a new assembly, and they want $1384.25 to fix it :mad:. I think that sounds a bit steep. Wanted to see what you all thought and if anyone knew anything about this problem or experienced it themself. Thanks a lot....DJ

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
On the Freelander you have to remove the headliner to get to the motor... so I would either start taking things apart or get a tube of your favorite clear sealant and seal the window off.

Shermie

Reaction score
My 2002 SE V6 Sunroof was replaced once under warranty and repaired a second time under warranty 1 year later. Unfortunately the water damage issues are worse than not repairing the assembly.

E

ecmoney

Hey, I am new here and I just wanted to ask a question. I have an 02 freelander and the moonroof wont move. It isnt closed all the way like the back of it is popped up a bit and it is letting rain in if it rains hard. I take it to the dealer and they say it needs a new assembly, and they want $1384.25 to fix it :mad:. I think that sounds a bit steep. Wanted to see what you all thought and if anyone knew anything about this problem or experienced it themself. Thanks a lot....DJ

I had the same problem last year, and I paid the $1300 to fix it as my problem happened right in the middle of the winter so I had to. My friend pressed the sunroof button as he thought he was going to open his passenger window and the sunroof opened and that was it, the assembly was probably frozen and cracked on me. Anyways, your problem is the assembly and there is no way around it.

Shermie

Reaction score
Same happened to me. Sunroof replaces twice under warranty and repaired a third time out of warranty. I should have bought the S model and upgraded the tyres.. Never again will I buy ANY car with any kind of Sun, Moon, Planet, etc. roof. Any such pre-medidated hole in gthe roof will eventually leak, and the damage is always extensive to the metal, electrical and the fabric underneath. Fix or sell as fast as you can....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM