03 Freelander won't start today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beteacher2002

Reaction score
Good morning!
We are looking for some technical expertise as to thoughts why our 03 Freelander is not starting this morning! It ran fine yesterday.

When you turn the ignition switch, it sounds like it wants to start (turns over), but it won't start. Could this be a fuel filter problem? The other day when we were driving and stopped at a red light it started sputtering, but when given gas it functioned normal.

If it is a FF - where is the part located in the vehicle?

Could it be an oxygen sensor?

We are looking for any advise all of you experts can give... thank you very much!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Without knowing info like mileage and when the last tune up was done.... it is hard to say.

I would check to make sure you have fuel, check the plugs, wires.

E

ecmoney

Good morning!
We are looking for some technical expertise as to thoughts why our 03 Freelander is not starting this morning! It ran fine yesterday.

When you turn the ignition switch, it sounds like it wants to start (turns over), but it won't start. Could this be a fuel filter problem? The other day when we were driving and stopped at a red light it started sputtering, but when given gas it functioned normal.

If it is a FF - where is the part located in the vehicle?

Could it be an oxygen sensor?

We are looking for any advise all of you experts can give... thank you very much!

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, my fuel filter just went as I couldnt start my car. It was turning over and starting but would die seconds later as no fuel was getting through. Cost about $450 for a new fuel filter up here in Toronto. That is for the part alone, no labour.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM