03 LR Disco SE Automatic Transmission/TC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucksnort disco

Reaction score
03 Discovery II Transmission programming

03 Discovery II SE w/ new Automatic Transmission/Transfer case
I replaced my transmission. A mechanic told me it has to be programmed. How much does this cost? Do i have to carry it to a dealer to get this done?

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why he said it has to be reprogrammed.... the transmission doesn't know any better, but the BCEM might know, but not sure it matters with a new transmission.

bucksnort disco

Reaction score
M and the S light up D flashes when it shifts

Not sure why he said it has to be reprogrammed.... the transmission doesn't know any better, but the BCEM might know, but not sure it matters with a new transmission.

Believe it or not, the guy that did the work for me dropped dead the day after he finished. My bad luck. It doesn't shift properly. When moving forward in Drive, it shifts rough out of 1st around 25mph/3000rpm. Then M,S,D, lights blink. I just came back home and parked it since I've already replaced front drive shaft, transmission, TCase among other things since I bought it in March.

Also, the driver's window is down and wont roll up since repair..???

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Disconnect your battery for about an hour, if that doesn't fix it, it may be a bad battery or worse your BeCM was the issue and not your transmission.

Window doesn't work after work... maybe a wire got broken?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge