04' Disco 265/75/16 AT and NO lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MuletCRCR

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post here.

I just bought a 2004 Disco 2 V8 4.6, and I will be doing some minor modifications since I plan to use it for on and off-road (about 40/60% sand terrain, dessert & beach mainly). I got a good deal on 265/75/16 AT tyres. I've done my research and can see it is the most popular size for a D2 with a minor lift. I plan on getting OME 2" later on. I've seen many pictures with these tires and the 2" lift, but do you have any of a Disco2 with these tires and NO lift??

Thanks,
MuletCRCR

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You can do it without a lift, but may get minor rubbing if you hit a bump too hard or attempt to really push it.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to step on any toes hear, but you can not run 265's on a stock, warn out suspension with causing some costly damage, especially if you plan on going off road, you will tear up a lot of panels and side walls.
If you want to wheel, do it right, install either an OME or an RTE lift along with a new steering stabilizer, then install the tires and make the necessary front adjustments to correct the front tire rub on the radius arms.

MuletCRCR

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments. I'm a little worried by that rubbing you mention, Joey, anyone you know has done it? so we can have an idea on how minor is it??

Probably I'll go with your suggestion, DiscoMike, the only problem is $$ right now, and that I have 18' with 255/55 michelin which are not suited for any off road....

Thanks again!
MuletCRCR

-----------------
Spain & Peru
04 Discovery V8 4.6

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
There are many D2's out there with 265/75/16 and yes I know a few, but again. Rubbing will happen even on speed bumps if your not careful... I would recommend doing the lift first, but we all have priorities in life.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to do first things first, I speak from experience, as my picture will show you, when I say lift first, then tires. Where do you live and have you priced out any lifts yet?
You can't drive like this, look at my avatar, and have your tires move as they should without a lift.

Last edited:

MuletCRCR

Reaction score
Agreed. I'll do things right, if not as you guys say I'll regret it later. Thanks.

I live in Lima, Peru, and over here all suspension sets (as with most off road stuff) have to be imported (meaning a +40% at least on top of US prices :-( :-( ) . I'll go with old man emu's OME777 and OME781 coils (medium), N107 and N108 shocks, which should give me a little over 1.5". I think the OMESD02 steering stabilizer as well.

Cheers!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand you have some heavy taxes on these parts.
One of the best suppliers of OME lifts is Luck 8 for $628, US, plus a steering stabilizer.
Let us know what you do and how it turns out.

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hola MuletCRCR: favor de mandarme su email - a 'dbrown12 AT nc.rr.com'
voy a manejar la careterra Panamerica. Tambien solo! Voy a pasar su casa y si necessito reparaciones... voy a mandarle! Es que habla Ingles como Patria... tambien hay escuelas.... Si estoy roto en Peru voy a llamarle ! :)

OK MuletCRCR please send me your email and if I need repairs while travelling through Peru/Lima I'll call you for references and help... OK? I'll be travelling alone and I have family in Santiago Chile.. This is all very exciting :) This will be a good contact and I have my own tent... I don't want to live in your house! My wallet is bigger than my tool box.

chao YO david

Last edited:

MuletCRCR

Reaction score
David, I sent you an email with my contact details. Fell free to ring or email me for anything you need. As a good spaniard, I'll be offended if I you don't let me buy you dinner and a few beers while you are over here.

DiscoMike, Joey, just for documenting, I mounted the 265/75 tires. Here is the "minor rubbing".

First the full picture, back doesn't look that bad, front is very tight, and finally the rubbing. Good I have two sets of wheels + tires.

OME over here is close to $1K :-( :-( a lot of saving ahead...

Cheers,
MuletCRCR

Attachments

• 265_75_16_01.JPG
    265_75_16_01.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 265_75_16_02_back.JPG
    265_75_16_02_back.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 265_75_16_02_front1.JPG
    265_75_16_02_front1.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 54