04 RR-HSE (Steering Wheel Problem)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NhudeST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 RR-HSE's steering wheel has been acting up on me, by not allowing me to adjust it to a certain height level. It prevents me from going up or down for some odd reason. It works fine when it comes to adjusting on the reaching distance, and it retracts to its original size upon turning off the vehicle as well as perfectly, but for some odd reason the actual side lever which allows it to move the steering wheel up or down does not seem to respond.

I manage to take off the three hex screws located underneath the steering wheels plastic cover, and I checked all the wires to see whether any where burned out, but everything appeared fine. Also, I disconnected and reconnected the actual (white) plastic connector which goes to the lever part, but nothing happen.

If anyone has experienced and manage to fix this problem, your expertise would really be appreciated. Thanks a lot. Keep on Roving..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the same issue that is normal for these switches... it has dirty contacts in the switch... you can either attempt to take it apart and clean it or buy a new switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo