'06 LR3 Shifting into first gear very late

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MBernard

Reaction score
Any thoughts on the cause of the transmission shifting into first once the vehicle is down to a near stop? Upshifts perfectly.

Thanks!
Mark

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't/shouldn't it shift into 1st?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a known bug.
Some claim they got it fixed with a firmware update at the dealer. They were never able to get rid of mine.

It's less noticeable in Sport mode. And it will always occur when you come to a rolling stop (still moving, not stopped) as you described.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"some claim..." Bwahahahahaha. Dude most of us had it fixed with a software update a long time ago. Maybe you should just give it another shot, Jimmy Buffet.

"sommme people claimmm that there's a wooooman to blammmme but I know...."

billj214

Reaction score
Yes I'll also 2nd or 3rd the software update, you may also try the battery reset to relearn shift points. Tranny flush helped with smoother shifting on my vehicle as well, I change tranny fluid every 35k - 40k miles.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"some claim..." Bwahahahahaha. Dude most of us had it fixed with a software update a long time ago. Maybe you should just give it another shot, Jimmy Buffet.

"sommme people claimmm that there's a wooooman to blammmme but I know...."
Glad to provide some afternoon humor for you. ;)

I can not emphasize enough how many times I went to my dealer for this exact issue and how many different things they tried. I'd bring printouts and advice from this forum. It went away once, then came back, and then they were never able to get rid of it even though they always claimed I had the most current version of firmware.

If it can be fixed on my vehicle, I'm over it. I'm at 216K miles, when I notice the lag it's because I didn't come to a complete stop or I'm not in Sport mode. Easily fixed and way less stressful than going back to my dealer for anything. At my dealer I had to communicate to the mechanics through a string tied between two tin cans. That string is also called the "service advisor." I'm done with that nonsense.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well jokes aside I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Seems to be a unique case; not sure what to tell you but like you said, who really cares at 216K Miles. That's a nice service life right there. Anything we all need to watch out for between 130k and 215k ???

Christianmotox

Reaction score
I guess they didnt fix it on the LR4, mine does the same thing, when ever i go thru a stop sign it feels like it slips a bit, but only if i dont stop completely.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72