06 suspension no access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently my 06 lr3 will not go into access mode. It will go into off road but not access. I have spilled liquid on the console a couple of times but it had been working after that. Any thoughts?

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you lower it with the switch from offroad to normal?

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope... It only goes up! The only way I can get it down is to disconnect the battery or drive at a high speed.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the drive at high speed work around :)

But tricky to get grandma on board at 100mph....

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the lights indicate it trying to lower, and then going into extended when in offroad and trying to lower, so do you have no feedback from the switch at all?

Do you have factory nav?

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No lights or response from the switch for access but it lit for normal and the switch lights up and responds to extended. No factory nav.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions? On the verge of buying a new compressor but I don't want too if I don't have to.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend money on a compressor if it goes up to off road. Sounds more like your switch might be faulty and probably a cheaper fix. Not sure if you can pop it out and try testing it with a meter - I know of cases where the EPB switch went bad after someone left the sunroof open in the rain....

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The exhaust valve for the system is built into the compressor, however I completely agree with the above, a new one won't fix the issue. The compressor can obviously do its job with air supply, and once commanded it is able to lower the truck. You are looking at the switch, or wiring between it and the ECU.

The switch itself is a simple ground signal, one wire for up, one for down. However, it is built into the Terrain Response ECU, so replacement might be pricey.

Pop the top of the console off, and check for signs of corrosion, or anything getting spilled. Look closely at the Terrain Response ECU, the big green connector that goes into it, and also the big green connector that is below, and clipped to the RH side of the console.

To test, you would need to de-pin pins 4&5 (black/pink and black/white) from C0700(green one into the Terrain Response) and supply ground to pin 5 (BW wire) with the key on. If it then lowers, you are looking at the switch, and it might be worth trying to carefully take apart the Terrain Response ECU and clean the contacts.

You will need to de-pin the wires from the connector, and reconnect it in order for the system to not fault from the ECU being unplugged.

Last edited:

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking again about the switch if you can go from off road to normal then that would suggest the "go down" signal wire is getting through based on Dave's explanation. I think it would be worth checking to see if there are any fault codes being logged when trying to reach access height before throwing parts at the problem. I take it everything was working before you spilt liquid on the console "a couple of times.." or has it never worked ? As Dave said, may be worth taking the terrain response unit out for inspection to look for corrosion etc.We all seem to agree though, replacing the compressor at this point isn't the best use of $$$$$$$$

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM