06 suspension no access

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes everything worked before and after the spills... I intentionally quit using the access mode to let the system dry out and it stopped working. I will pull the console and check for corrosion.

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corrosion is not immediate, so it working after the spill doesn't mean too much. Also, depending on what was spilled, it may just be gummed up(if soda or something sticky like that) and preventing contact. I don't know what type of switch/contact is in there, if it is a microswitch, you might not be able to do much. But taking it apart and a good dose of contact cleaner could do the trick, if that's what it turns out to be.

I am under the impression that you are not able to use the switch to lower from off-road to standard, correct?

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's correct.... I can't use the switch to lower it... First spill was wine from my brother n law riding with me the second spill was the sun roof open when it rain.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Dave, my bad - thought it was said that the switch worked for off road to normal. Looks like it might be the switch gear then...

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd take it apart and see if you can clean. I'd be shocked if it's something mechanical like the compressor- given that that console has had a few drinks that's where the culprit is. IIRC the TR unit is like $400 from Atlantic British.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the switch apart down to the circuit board and cleaned everything. Still no luck. I am just going to buy another switch. My dealer quoted me 320.00 for the part which seemed expensive.

RoverGuy7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price is about right, it's the entire terrain response ECU, not just a switch. But these are not VIN coded or anything, so if you can find a used one(that is working correctly) that might be a cheaper option.

Did you try grounding out the pin mentioned earlier, to rule out a wiring issue?

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...thought this thread deserved an outcome reply. I order another switch and it worked. Access mode is back! With that being said...I'm selling the old switch. Everything works except the access mode. The bezel alone sales for 95.00. Asking for 50.00 plus shipping. Excellent for spare parts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM