'06 versus '05

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've searched but haven't found a clear thread addressing any improvement (or not) in overall reliability between the '05 and '06 model years.

Is there a consensus around this?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In general terms, the early issues with the '05s have been sorted out with the '06s. Examples are air compressor, software updates, and alignment specs. However, LRNA is applying these fixes to the '05s to bring them up to date. This, theoretically, should lead to impoved initial quality numbers for MY06 based on average issues per vehicle.

Otherwise, it's really comparing apples to apples. There were a few features/options changes, but your question is on reliability.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is very general terms... early 2006s are no different than late 2005s. They needed air compressor improvements, software, etc. too. Production improvement happens as time goes on, and isn't necessarily tied to the model year.

Yep, theoretically... the later build the car, the less problems... if they are doing their job.

Cpa4S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Reviews thread on the Edmonds site has a lot of info on some of the fixes but it is not organized from my recollection. i just spent an evening a few weeks ago and read 30 or 40 pages.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo