12V portable air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm scouring the web reading reviews. What do you guys recommend? It'll be used for the usual, airing up tires after a trail ride, and getting the spare inflated.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Viair makes great high volume output portables. Mine is going on 5 years, lots of use and still runnning strong.

Trynian

Reaction score
Same here, have a Viair 450p. The only 100% duty one, fills a little slower then the other 33% duty Viairs but will run continuous. Had it for almost 4 years without a hickup.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the input. The Vlair compressors were what I was looking at and that 450P will fill the bill nicely.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, the Vlair are also available on amazon. ARB does one, which is a relabeled but is really a Vlair.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Viair 440p. It is very quick for airing back up.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used the same MV50 for 3 years now. At the cost of a Viair, a can burn through 6 MV50's before equaling the cost of 1 Viair - highly unlikely. The MV50 is only marginally slower than any Viair. The difference between 20 and 25 minutes airing up is virtually irrelevant to me. I did add extra length to the connecting wires so I can easily put it down on the ground while in use. Stock, the wires did not allow me to put the unit down on the drivers side due to the lead lengths. Once you pull on the hose, the unit wanted to pull away from the battery connections and fall on the ground. Like I said...3 years and still running strong.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QIN-MV50/

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9