1996 Disco Dash Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
first check the plugs/wires if they are burnt you found issue.... other wise install new switch or used out of junk yard.

GTDisco

Reaction score
I live close to Fresno, CA.... does anyone know if there are any decent LR junkyards around the area? I recently moved here and have noticed there aren't alot of us on the roads. If anyone knows how to troubleshoot the ignition switch or the electrical wiring that goes to it, please let me know. I still can't get this truck to start up. Thanks...

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think carefully: the computer collects errors. the errrors add up. If they exceed the available memory the the errors freeze up.....

disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, it seem's to be OK?

then fix the tittle prodlems and the rest will go away....

db

GTDisco

Reaction score
I finally found out there is no power going to the starter when I turn the key. Is there a starter relay I might be missing. No power lights up on dash so I can't get the truck to release from Park. I already put in new electrical portion of the ignition thinking this would help but it's still not cranking over. I just here a "click" when I turn the key. There are still no lights coming on my dash. I checked the ground connections and cleaned the battery cables. They weren't all that bad to start with. I'm still stumped with this issue.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you are not getting any dash lights that still points to ignition issue or wiring... something is not working right, so nothing is getting power.

I am sure you realize this, but I would start by checking the connections to the ECU for corrosion and the fuse boxes for corrosion.

GTDisco

Reaction score
thanks.. if I unplug the ECU, will this throw anything off? Mine is a 1996, is it in the engine compartment or behind the glove compartment?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Can't remember on the location (the had both in 96 if I remember correctly)

Do not unplug the ecu with the battery still connected. I would remove the battery, unplug the ecu and check for corrosion or dirty connections.

GTDisco

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. The search continues.. I'm going through all the wiring behind the fuse box. What fuses am I looking for that control/power the dash check lights? I have juice from the electrical ignition portion when I turn the key, but still no lights light up on dash! I'm tired of driving my wife's car to work!

GTDisco

Reaction score
the clicking noise is coming from the yellow starter relay.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink