1996 or 1999 Whats the diff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel

Reaction score
New here, lurking for a day or 3 and now after much debate, in my head anyway, i am wading in. I have the opportunity to buy one of 2 Disco's both with 113,000 on the clock. The difference is the 1996 is the SE7 with the jump seats (that I like) and the 1999 the rear sun roof wont open. Other than that...they look identical, even in price 3K. The 1996 is local but the 1999 I will have to travel 3hr to take delivery. I have read a little about the 1999 but need to know if the difference is Worth the drive? Kind of leaning toward the local rig because of the jump seats and zero drive. just don't want to wish later that I had put my butt in the seat to pick up the 1999. Thanks in advance for the opinions, knowledge , and advice.

meyersd

Reaction score
When you say '99, are you talking about '99 D1 of a 99'D2? The D2 has tail lights that are mounted higher up than the D1. I would get more info on the service records of both trucks before I made a decision. The 100K mark is when expensive stuff starts to let loose (Head Gaskets, Radators fuel pumps etc) You want to make sure whichever truck you choose doesn't have 113K "beater" miles. Service is key with these trucks, and if things are neglected, it will cost you $$$$ in the future.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99