1997 RR door lock short circuiting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrie

Reaction score
Recently, AAA came out to replace the battery in my girlfriend's '97 RR 4.6 HSE. After installing the new battery the vehicle would not start. Several minutes later, after several attepts to trouble shoot the problem the vehicle started. After all was said and done and after the person dispatched from AAA had left, I found that she could not lock the vehicle nor was the alarm arming itself. The next day and $500 dollars later, the mechanic surmised that more than likely there was probably some cross polarity on the part of the AAA battery installer which in effect killed the locking mechanism in the driver's side door. Has anyone ever experienced this problem or similar after having had the battery replaced?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if the RR is the exact same as the Disco on this issue or not, but when you change the battery it is always a good idea to lock and unlock the drivers door with the key at least 4 times... this should reset the Alarm system.

kristijang

Reaction score
in the same trouble

Hi,
Well i had the same problem.My battery went dead and after recharging it, first the passenger's side door and the tail gate did not want to open with the remote, so i did it manually for 4 months, but today, also the driver's door gave up !.

So i visited several forums and most of them spent a lot of time and money fixing the problem.Can someone help me before the start of the journey ? please!

The Local dealer in Skopje, Macedonia, does not have a clue how to fix it.

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Kristijan Gjorgjievski

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be the battery in your remote?

Or a bad ground...

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey