1998 Disco II Alarm Won't Disengage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
Parked car downtown and locked car using key in door. Power locking did not work and alarm apparently did not either so I locked driver doors manually. Returned to car and unlocked using key in door. Power locks still not working. Drove home.

Next morning went to start car and alarm went off when key is turned. Tried pulling a couple fuses and car started several times in a row. Tried again later in day and back to alarm sounding off. Has not started since.

Pressed alarm reset inside hood several times to no avail. I believe the alarm system thinks the car is stolen. How can I reset the alarm system or is this related to the power locking system?

New to forum and DESPERATE for help. This is my wife's favorite car of all time and I plan to stay married for a long time.....

Thanks for any help!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First the reset button on the fire wall is an inerita switch and is not part of the alarm system.
Are you sure your remote battery is good? If it is use either the remote or the key to lock and unlock the doors, 3 times in a row, and then see if the alarm is off.

Landlover25

Reaction score
Alarm wont disengage-----fix------

Your battery is bad....trust me Ive been through it before probably because the alternator is killing it.... Make sure after you buy a new battery to get that alternator checked especially if you have seen your battery light on here and there before this happened that's a dead give-a-way its the alternator....good-luck all

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99