2 down 1 to go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

skmartin6

Still need help with the factory cd changer. Can load the disc's it go's through its thing but nothing happens. I go to fm1-fm2-am then its back to fm1. It's like it doesn't know it's there? Had a guy tell me to make sure it was pluged in to the dash unit. Just as soon not have to try & remove the dash.

Thanks Tim

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd guess (not owning a CD changer) that the radio head unit isn't recognizing the CD changer because there isn't a connection between the two.

That means checking the connection -- which involves using stereo removal tools to take the head unit out of the dash (don't have to hack apart the dash) and reconnecting the CD changer. Or, if you like, remove the CD changer and sell it here or on EBay :biggrin: before buying an aftermarket CD player for the dash.

A

ayavner

quickest bet would be to take it to one of those car stereo install places, like Best Buy or something, I bet they could get it sorted out very quickly, and prolly not charge *too* much... but... they are familar with the way most of these things go in, and what a good connection looks like, would save you the research and reinventing the wheel anyway..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM