2 issues for '02 discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

bradmil

The first question I have is suroof related, but not the usual failure issues. I was wondering if anyone knows of any aftermarket sunroof screens, preferably solid since the mesh screens that are stock let quite a bit of the sun in. Let me know if anyone knows of such a product.

Secondly, when my truck is cold (first start in the morning) and I engage reverse, the car is not responsive to throttle for about 5 to 10 seconds. It only happens the first time and then is fine until the next morning. Anything similar with anyone?

Thanks for your help.

M

maidie

yes, something like this happened to me. I had to pay for some transmission work, but, in the end, they say when you are starting the engine let it idile a five to tem seconds , before engaging in reverse. This does seem to only be first start up of the day. Perhaps it takes a while for the oil pressure to build in the valve body.

Maidie

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, I can't beleive that I didn't see this question back in May.... Sorry

Not sure about the sun roof, but I am sure someone out in Land Rover world has either found some or sells them.... give Atlantic British a call 1-800-533-2210.

As far as the vehicle being non responsive to throttle... do you mean the engine will not rev up, or do you mean even with the engine revving the Disco will not move?

If disco not moving, I agree with maidie.... Transmission issues, if you mean the engine will not rev, but only in reverse, I would say a linkage issue.

B

bradmil

Thanks for your responses. I guess I will just not be so anxious when I hop in in the morning. The engine does rev, just no response from the trans. I had the transmission looked at about 9 months ago and everything looked great so I guess its just one of those nuances that we all love to deal with.

Thanks for your help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You may also want to check the transmission fluid level just to make sure you are not low.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
D1 under the hood like most vehicles.

D2... LOL this is fun. You have a fill access on the front right side of the transmission IIRC, you also have a level plug again IIRC, I may be wrong on this... so hopefully someone with a D2 will chim in and let me know.

S

shark49

Yeah I just did it on my D2 and it was a PITA. Next time I will use a mityvac dispenser as the manual suction tool I used was a mess.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635