2 questions

• Thread starter faisal_in_laurel
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

Lendawg

Concerning the broken vacuum line for the brake booster...
I have driven my Disco with that line disconnected, and it ain't no fun stopping without the vacuum assist.
By the way, you can replace this hose with any combination of hose/adapter that holds vacuum.

P

paulbrapp

I always here about "seaform". What exactly does that do for your vehicle? I have a 97 disco with 82000 miles. Would this be something that it would benifit from?

D

discomike

SeaFoam is used to clean injectors and more importantly helps decarbon engines. Rovers are terrible about carbon build up which then effects how smooth the engine runs, its overall power and valve damage.
So since it is pretty cheap, can be bought at Napa and works real well, alot of us use it to keep the old trucks happy.
Mike J.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paul, open your oil lid and take a peek in there. My '98 had a lot gunk in there. I was suprised how much was there. I've done the seafoam treatment and after the smoke cleared, I noticed a smoother idle and overall running of the truck.

Can't say it cleaned all of the carbon out but I figured it wasn't put there all in one day, so I'll use the seafoam again later.

P

paulbrapp

Monty I will take a look at it tonight, if it is gunked up then I will give seaform a try.

Thanks

D

discomike

If you are going to try and clean out a gunked up engine, use either a qt. of good engine flush or 2 qts of ATF. This will clean out an engine pretty well. If it is real bad do it 2 times, once before each of your next 2 oil changes.
SeaFoam comes after wards.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635