Camshaft Position Sensor Code P0390

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBLR3

Reaction score
I recently recently replaced my drivers side valve cover gasket myself. Test drove right after for about 15 min with no CEL. Stop off at a store and come back out and now there was a CEL. Code reader said P0390. Could not find anything on here for that specific code, but online I found: Camshaft Position Sensor B circuit (Bank 2). I assume its one of a couple sensors behind the thermostat, just not sure which one. If I have to pull the thermostat, maybe I just replace all the sensors there and then do the rear coolant manifold to since the coolant level will be down. Any other gotchas for replacing them?

Edited to say other than the CEL, it runs completely normal. No limited performance etc...

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cam sensor failures are extremely rare.
I would check the related connectors at the front of the engine. Make sure no coolant in them and properly seated.

BBLR3

Reaction score
I checked connectors when I got back home (removed, inspect, reseat) cleared codes and it came right back. Everything appears seated and not loose. I guess Im just lucky :)

BBLR3

Reaction score
I'll see if there is enough slack in the harness and swap connectors. See if the problem follows.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll see if there is enough slack in the harness and swap connectors. See if the problem follows.
Sensors are the same. Just swap the sensors.
You don't want to swap connectors, this will generate different DTCs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72