LR4 Ignition Coil Code Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanisleboy

Reaction score
I have a 2011 LR4 HSE and changed out numerous parts just recently. Parts changed were as follows:
(2) High Pressure Fuel Pumps
(8) Ignition Coils
(8) Spark Plugs
(2) Valve Cover Gaskets
(1) Crankcase Breather Hose
Vehicle seems to be running great but I am getting a check engine light that comes on constantly.
I have a FIXD code reader that displays the following codes.
P0357
P0355
P0353
P0351
These are all ignition coil related issues and appear to be the driver's side of the block.
Wondering if these would be tied into a wiring issue for this bank of injectors.
I attached the report for reference.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I love my LR4 but I have learned to not love it sometimes.

Attachments

• FIXD Scan-03.20.24.pdf
    70.7 KB · Views: 11

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, those code are for individual cylinders:
1712769970277.png

Some folks reported issues with grounding from the head leading to ignition issues, so I'd probably start there. If you swap coils side to side, do the codes follow the coils, or stay with the head?

vanisleboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'll be looking for the grounding issues as mentioned. I may swap the coils but I feel it must be something to do with the whole bank as located on the driver side of the block.

ebp02

Reaction score
Loose 8mm ground on my engine caused the coil pack drivers on the ECU to fry, had to tighten the ground between the cam position sensors and have my ecu cloned into a working one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM