2000 D2 Low RPM Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jcostello1

Hi,

Hoping someone here may have experienced a similar problem or may have an idea what to look for.

I have been having a strange vibration that only occurs in the RPM band between roughly 900 and 1200 RPMs. It is very pronounced and noticeable in the seats, floor, pedals, steering wheel...not a light vibration, but not a fast one either, if that makes sense. I would say several vibrations per second, but not a high frequency, fairly low. It also occurs regardless of whether I am in gear or not, at a stop, moving, accelerating or decelerating...none of these effect it. Below that RPM band at idle, and above it runs very smoothly.

Could it be a motor mount or something like that being effected by the frequencies at that RPM? Exhaust shaking? Fan? I'm stumped.

It is a 2000 D2 with 110,000 miles on it. New Magnecor wires and Bosch 4 plugs put on this summer, has been well maintained and BK44'd, Seafoamed every now and then as needed, and don't think it is the engine itself, but hard to tell from behind wheel. I could be wrong. No misfire codes or other codes other than an EVAP leak associated with my fuel filler that I need to refit correctly on the grommet when whether is a bit warmer here..

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It is possible that it is a motor mount or exhaust, but have you checked you fan for cracks? Check where the blades connected to the center of the fan.

J

jcostello1

Thanks Joey,

I will take a look at the blades. Freezing rain here today, so I will check when it clears a bit.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635