2000 Disco 2 Stranded...Please HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimlizadkins

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Disco 2 with 47K miles. I changed the battery (brand new) the other day and since then, I am getting flashing M, S, and D. Lights work, A/C works, sunroofs and radio work, but no flashing alarm L.E.D., windows and seats not working and will not start. Acts like starter was disconnected. I have made sure I have power to starter, checked all fuses, battery terminals are tight and clean etc. Have tried the 4 lock/unlock trick, code, etc. I am over 2 hours from the closest dealer and just got laid off a few days ago. I am in a panic. Any help someone could give would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check to see if the battery is charged... sounds like a dead battery..

jimlizadkins

Reaction score
Brand new battery. New contact ends. Test probe shows power to positive terminal at starter. Not getting power to fuse f7 and f8 under the hood.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The M S D lights normally indicate a low battery condition from the Transmission... so either the battery (new or not) isn't fully charged or bad, or you have some serious corrosion in the fuse box under the hood. Sadly the D2 is known for this issue (corrosion that is) Disconnect the battery and check the fuse box, but I would start by testing the battery.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A new battery is rarely fully charged, put a charger on the battery for a couple hours, then try it. If that doesn't work, reset the alarm by locking and unlock the doors 3 times in a row to reset the alarm.
If you still have a problem, get back to us,

jimlizadkins

Reaction score
Just a follow up. Thank you for all your help and time spent trying to figure this out for ne. I had the disco towed and when it arrived at destination. It started right up first crank and no problems. Alarm armed and disarmed all windows, seats, locks worked as they should. The only thing i did different was disconnect shifter cable and reconnect when i got to my destination. I assume it was an improper adjusted shift cable/linkage. Hope this helps anyone else out in the future as yet another area to troubleshoot before calling it quits.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You never assume anything when it comes to your Disco, it isn't fixed, bet it will show up in a day or two, then go get the charging system tested.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635