2000 disco key WILL NOT TURN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mclthree

Reaction score
i just bought a 2000 discovery from someone a few hours away and I haven't even seen it yet in person. I sent a mechanic over there and he said the key will not turn at all (same keys the owner used while he was driving it) but it has full power inside the truck. The anti theft light is on but the steering wheel isn't locked? The keys do not have a chip so they aren't from the factory I don't think but like I said the owner used these keys at the end of his time owning it. I've read this is a common problem with LR but idk exactly what my problem is. Does the anti theft need to be over rid by way of the computer? Or is this something simple that I can do on my own. Both keys worked as soon as 4 months ago. Please let me know

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
First welcome to the forum.

If the key will not turn in the ignition, try wiggling the steering wheel a little. Also make sure it is in park, you may need to wiggle the shifter just a wee bit as well.

Mclthree

Reaction score
That's what other people have told me as well. I'll check on that, thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM