2000 Discovery Td5 2 Aircon problems etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaco

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am currently experiencing some strange behavior from my Disco 2 .
1. Turning ignition, rear wiper moves up about 2 - 3 inches
2. Car turns , no problem.
3. Switching on air conditioner, instrument panel lit up and blower works intermittently but no cold air.
Or:
4. Pressing ****** button, same story - Warning sound, then dash lit up
Or:
5 Pressing interior door lock/ unlock lever on the dash - same story

Has anyone experienced something similar, please?
How can i get this problem sorted, i am really desperate.
Thank you very much, i just know there will be someone on this Forum who will come to the rescue.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Corrosion in the fuse block.

Jaco

Reaction score
Thank You Joey. I presume you are referring to the fuse block inside the cab underneath the dash. Any pointers regarding fixing or does it have to be replaced completely?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You also have the one in the engine bay, at least on the Petrol versions there is one. This is the fuse block that normally gets corrosion and causes all kinds of issues. I would also check to make sure your sunroof drains are not leaking down the 'A' pillars.

Jaco

Reaction score
This model does not have sunroofs but on investigation, I found that water was actually leaking into the passenger area. I found water was collecting on the plastic cover underneath the interior fuse block. I guess the next step will be to remove the cowl and clean the drain area underneath the wind shield. Is there something specific i have to pay attention to or take care of perhaps? Thanks for the advice so far.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sadly older vehicles of any make can have water ingress, the best course is to find where it is leaking and seal it. Replace the fuse block and hope it never happens again.

Jaco

Reaction score
Thank you Joey. I will start this weekend. At least i know where and what to look for thanks to the Forum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72