2001 Freelander 1 rear window problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tobac

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Freelander and it has been parked in a garage for 5 weeks while I was on holidays. When I returned the battery was flat and the rear window was down even though it was up when the car was left. After charging the battery I still could not put the window up. It will go up then immediately return down by itself. On checking the manual it talks about synchronising the window by cycling it up but it keeps going down again. I feel it may have something to do with the alarm but all other alarm functions work OK. I have checked the door lock to make sure it is closing OK. Does anyone have any theories on what may be the problem and how to resolve it? Thanks.

Baliguy

Reaction score
I found that the rear window goes down when the battery gets disconnected and reconnected. I suppose if the battery is draining down it will at some point put down the rear window. I guess it's a feature. I noticed that I have to hold the rear window up switch a second longer after it is all the way up for it to stay up. If you hold the switch for 5 or 10 seconds and it still goes down, then there is a problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM