2001 Range Rover HSE Check Engine Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I just remove it from the vehicle, and spray the Wire as best I can from both ends, make sure that all the cleaner has drained out to help drying process...

Then I clean the connector plug with some contact cleaner and the use some de-electric grease if I have some handy.

Reinstall.

umoms

Reaction score
Its me again :)

Cleaned the MAFS again and 20 miles later I get P0734 and P0455. I know P0455 is usually something to do with the gas cap but it looked fine to me.....Maybe it was just a little off...

So you guys thing its offically time to change the MAFS? Or other symptoms I should try?

The plugs and wires look like they been changed.

umoms

Reaction score
Ok replaced the MAFS and I dont get the P0734 codes anymore. I get the P0455 codes still. Every 15 miles or so. I triple checked the gas cap and the purge valve.

What do you guys suggest?

Try a new gas cap?
Or anything else?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
could be a bad gas cap, or you have one of the evap system line are loose or cracked...

You know all the little hoses going to the tanks and evap stuff under the hood.

umoms

Reaction score
Ok..On second thought I think it might be the purge valve....

I took a picture of mine. Is it supposed to be dangling out and not connected to anything?

I also noticed a little bit off the rubber of the top is peeling off. The part where the black plastic piece and the grey rubber tubing meet. Can i just tape that part?

my.php

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not the best photo.... but I am pretty sure it should be connected to something

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member