2002 freelander td4 problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adibarlea80

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to this forum, and I need a piece of advice; recently I bought a 2002 Freelander, and after a month of purchase date I found that I got screwed because my car misses the propshaft, rear propshaft and viscous coupling so it's not 4x4, it's 2x4. When I turn almost maximum to the right, I can hear some crancking sounds; I went to a LR garage, and they told me that I have a problem with the driveshaft, but the IRD should be replaced as well; can anybody help me with this? I want to fit missing parts, driveshaft as well, but is it necessary to replace the IRD?
I am looking forward to hearing good news.
Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to find a breakers in your area and buy the offending parts.

adibarlea80

Reaction score
that's what I am going to do, replace with second hand parts; but I am not sure about the IRD, as the noise seems to come from the driveshaft

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Check the U-Joints... Rover used non-greasable ones and the do fail.

adibarlea80

Reaction score
you mean the CV joints?
how can I tell if the IRD is faulty or not? this is my big problem;

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
duh, your right on the freelander they are CV joints, but the drive shaft should also have U-Joints.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo