2003 Discovery 2 window question - already searched.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobL

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping for a little direction here. Replaced the passenger-side regulator and motor assembly with all new LR parts about a year ago. Window worked great, fastest and smoothest one in the vehicle.

About 6 months ago, it suddenly quit. No noise, no binding, just one day no functionality.

I hear the click in the passenger-side dash from the body control unit, same as all the other windows. Not a peep from the door.

So I've ruled out the switch, BCU, and have doubts about a problem with a relatively new and smooth-working set of mechanicals.

Anything other than that stuff I should look at before pulling the door apart and hard-wiring power to check the motor? Not looking forward to that as my gorilla hands got sliced up by the razor edges of the interior door when I did the job before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If only the one rear window isn't working, then I would start at that door and check everything. The BCU doesn't matter for the rear windows IIRC just the IDM.

RobL

Reaction score
Sorry, I did not clarify - passenger side FRONT window.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Same info applies. I would start at the door sadly. Check for power, I would also swap the switch with a known good one first just to make sure the switch isn't bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72