2003 Discovery II brake job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mickbill

Hey all! New member to the Rover world and love it! Need help though trying to tackle brake job on front and rear and am needing some advice, suggestions before I screw something up!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't work on many D2's, but from what I Have seen and heard the D2 brakes are very easy to work (unless you are planning to renew the brake fluid or bleed the brakes).

If you were talking a D1, then I would say have fun took me way too much time to do mine. Not as easy as the D2.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a search on brake jobs as I posted a year back on my issue. The biggest hassel will be the phillips screw that holds the rotors in place. Use some penatrating oil and two ball peen hammers. One you place (round end) against the screw and strike it a few times with the other ... not too hard. The screw will come loose.

Order extra screws and replace them ... oh ... the rears have no emergency brake drum/rotor combo. They are replaced just like the front ones are and just as easy. The other issue may be getting the tires off .... the rust around the hub holds them on and requires a bit off force to get them off ....

HTH

R

ross

Agree with Jaak, the hardest part on the brake was removing tires. I used a puller and WD-40 in order to get it off. I found the set screw are easier to take off than the tires. If that is not the case, use a hammer screwdriver to take the rotor out. I replaced my with drill/slotted rotor and it works wonder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635