2006 LR3 Transmission fault limited gears available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A glass of wine wasted on my console. The truck worked fine the rest of the night but now I get an error message.

I read that people who often get this message is due to the battery.

So far I have disconnected the battery and cleaned the underneath wires but still no luck.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

jimbiram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will bet money that your battery is shot and is not putting out full voltage. A remote answer could be some chewed wiring from outdoor critters such as mice/rats, but the first thing to check is the battery. There are numerous threads on the voltage range that the ECU's tolerate, and it really doesn't take much of a variance to trip the fault. With the cooler weather, that seems to really cause a voltage drop in a slowly dieing battery.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... I'll have it checked tomorrow and update the results.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you spilled a glass of wine on the center console? If that is the case, then you need to replace the console. There are numerous threads where people have spilled a beverage on the console and then the LR3 went into angry mode.

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you spilled a glass of wine on the center console? If that is the case, then you need to replace the console. There are numerous threads where people have spilled a beverage on the console and then the LR3 went into angry mode.

I didn't say that I actually wasted it but in it any event it was wasted. (which I did)

Just wanted to update everyone on the outcome.

I disconnected the battery. Then disconnect the center console completely. Wiped everything down and blow dried the console.

I let everything sit over night and reconnected the console this morning. The F error disappeared but my transmission light stay on. I was able to put the car in gear. So I took it up to AutoZone to check the battery and it tested fine.

Parked it for another 4 hours or so and just ran to the store and everything seems fine. Thanks for the advice... I appreciate the help.

BendRover123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A glass of wine wasted on my console. The truck worked fine the rest of the night but now I get an error message.

I read that people who often get this message is due to the battery.

So far I have disconnected the battery and cleaned the underneath wires but still no luck.

Does anyone know how to fix this error?

I got the same fault dashboard only shows F and gear lever doesnt unlock unless you do the override.

I repaced the 2008 gearshifter assembly with a LR3 2006 gearshifter assembly due to connector pin corrosion. Now i am getting the same message plus special programs is off. Do i meed to program or register the new assembly with the body control module or transmission control module?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99