2008 Range Rover Sport HSE - Disable GPS Safety feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leroybrown_og

Reaction score
Is there any way to disable/override/bypass the GPS safety feature that prevents you from inputting an address while the car is in motion?

Please let me know. Thanks!

rshanholtz

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out a fix or bypass? I have the 2009 RR Autobiography and it is very frustrating. I have inputted "Home" and 6 other quick input saved fast keys which I believe you can activate while in motion. I think it is crap that if the passenger seat is occupied and their seatbelt is on, the system does not unlock to allow input of an address in motion theoretically by the passenger.

VicVogue

Reaction score
Hear Hear - I have also have a 2009 RR Autobiography....and it would be good if, on start up, it just booted into the nav without having to hit the warning confirm button, then the do you want to use an address.....

xinto_3

Reaction score
The secret code...

Have you tried the secret 1791 code? You have to do it each time though....

rshanholtz

Reaction score
That does not work on my 2009. Has it worked for anyone else who has an 09'?

fe600

Reaction score
Ask your dealer...

All the European RR's comes with disabled GPS safety function, but it's possible to enable it at the dealer.

It would mean: The dealer should be able to disable it, too
;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM