2011 LR4 - Oil Pan Drainplug Picture?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
I have seen multiple write ups on DIY oil changes - but have yet to find a picture of the drain plug... based on pulling the guards off I think I know which one it is - but want to be 100% certain. Can someone reply with pic of drain plug please :)

Thanks much - Chris

tmcgraw

Reaction score
How many plugs (bolts) are you looking at? It's attached to a pan which probably has many more bolts in it. Take it out, if it pours out black liquid, you struck gold. If it's any other color, just put the bolt back on and never admit it, and try again on another bolt. :)

BushRover

Reaction score
For the 2011 LR4 I didn't think that there was a drain plug because I thought you now had to pump the oil out

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
Pics of what I think is drain plug

Can anyone verify what this plug goes to....

First pic is looking towards rear of truck, second is directly below... third pic has the Part numbers that show up right next to the "Plug" in question... opened it partially - got what looks like oil out... but wanted to verify that it is not part of the transmission...

Attachments

• LR4 DP1.jpg
    LR4 DP1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 126
  • LR4 DP2.jpg
    LR4 DP2.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 118
  • LR4 DP3.jpg
    LR4 DP3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 122

Forum statistics

Threads