2012 lr4 lux! Hello!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LRwhat

Reaction score
Hello and greetings from Utah! Last month my wife and I decided to take the plunge and buy a new 2012 LR4 in grey. We absolutely love it! We had a few reasons for the purchase and they are as follows:
1. we can fit the two kids + car seats and still have plenty of room for luggage or friends.
2. I work the grave yard shift once a week, but am only required to work 4.5 hrs of the 8, and now have a place to sleep, of course i have the help of a foam mattress and a mummy bag.
3. We wanted a safe car for my wife to drive in the snow, and so far it does that very well.
4. Our garage is not very deep, and this fits perfectly and the front park assist tells my wife when to stop!
5. We frequently have the need for a good 4x4 with a locking diff to get us up to the family cabin, and hunting.

I have come to realize that the only thing I dislike about the LR4 is the 19' rims and stock tires. They are great on the road but not off. I am excited to learn more about the truck and have the support of the community!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello and greetings from Utah! Last month my wife and I decided to take the plunge and buy a new 2012 LR4 in grey. We absolutely love it! We had a few reasons for the purchase and they are as follows:
1. we can fit the two kids + car seats and still have plenty of room for luggage or friends.
2. I work the grave yard shift once a week, but am only required to work 4.5 hrs of the 8, and now have a place to sleep, of course i have the help of a foam mattress and a mummy bag.
3. We wanted a safe car for my wife to drive in the snow, and so far it does that very well.
4. Our garage is not very deep, and this fits perfectly and the front park assist tells my wife when to stop!
5. We frequently have the need for a good 4x4 with a locking diff to get us up to the family cabin, and hunting.

I have come to realize that the only thing I dislike about the LR4 is the 19' rims and stock tires. They are great on the road but not off. I am excited to learn more about the truck and have the support of the community!
Hi there,

Welcome! You should head over to the LR4 technical forum - lots of great information. The 19" wheels on the LR4 are a huge topic of discussion because there are only limited tire selections. The only 18" wheels available that clear the brakes/calipers for the LR4 are the Compomotives out of the UK. I got rid of my stock tires and went with the Cooper Zeon LTZs (255/55/R19) and they make a WORLD of difference off road and are great on the road. I have not yet had a chance to use them in snow, but I hear they perform well. They are the best tire if you keep the 19" wheel.

Keep in touch!

-David

joewilliam

Reaction score
GED vs High School Diploma
"High School Diploma

High School Diplomas are generally considered more desirable for one entering the work force or hoping to pursue a higher education. About.com notes that employees with diplomas generally earn significantly more than those without. Students who hope to advance may be required to pursue additional training. Similarly, most students admitted to college have earned their high school diploma, although this does not guarantee acceptance. Coursework, grade point average and extracurricular activities will be important factors during the admissions process.

GED

Only students who are neither enrolled in nor have completed high school are permitted to take the GED exams. One must also be over the age of 18 and meet other state requirements. The GED certificate is awarded to anyone who passes a series of tests in five academic subjects, scoring higher than 60% of a sample set of graduating seniors. Because one will be tested on a few years worth of knowledge in just one short day, students often spend a great deal of time studying. Many need to take preparation courses, but no courses of any sort are mandatory.

As mentioned above, the GED is often considered less desirable for those hoping to attend college. About.com notes that while the majority of employers hiring for entry-level positions consider GED certificates as comparable to actual diplomas, some may consider the GED to be inferior. If a student continues on to college, however, one typically does not consider which one has earned. On this note, most community colleges admit students who have earned a GED, but individual universities set their own policies. Some do not view GEDs as equivalent to Diplomas, particularly if these colleges require specialized courses of study for admission.

GED vs High School Diploma

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boye1