2013 Evoque No start, multiple errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnyd47

Reaction score
So I was working on my son’s 2013 Range Rover Evoque installing a new aftermarket radio. I finished and started the car fine. I went back to putting everything together and finished. I finished and then the car wouldn’t start. I got a slew of errors. This has happened a few weeks ago to and we just needed to jump the battery. So I hooked up my jump pack and she fired up. Car sits in garage for a few days and now doesn’t start again. This time does not take a jump. Battery was OEM from 2013 do I went and bought a brand new 850CCA battery. Installed and same problems. Parking brake fault and then TCM errors, HDC , Camera , etc….. so I read about it possibly being a fusable link. When I tested it with multimeter it showed 0 on ohms & 12v. It also looked to be burned. So I replaced that as well. Same outcome. I checked (with tester) every single fuse I found in engine compartment, behind glove box and in trunk and zero bad. Besides it possibly being a bad aux battery (which is being delivered tomorrow) I am at a complete loss. I have attached my Autel im508 diagnostic sheet. There are 2 things that have me puzzled along my diagnostic journey. 1. The ignition start button doesn’t seem to work every time I press it? Sometimes I have to hit it 3 times before dash lights come on. 2. I replaced the old style usb ports and cigarette lighter and utilized a constant 12v from one of them. It’s under the center console and has an orange connector. It’s a single brown wire. Well it no longer has power so it must have shorted out. That being said I have zero blown fuses? If any further reports are needed I can use the autel to provide. PLEASE HELP!!!! He got his permit and can’t even drive the car!

Attachments

• 2023-12-06_09-47-13.pdf
    103.5 KB · Views: 22

Johnnyd47

Reaction score
Also, tried manual method to get shifter knob to retract and it did not work. I did do the manual mode of putting the parking brake into Mtc mode and was successful in doing that and setting it back.

Johnnyd47

Reaction score
I do hear clicking when hitting start.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 25

Johnnyd47

Reaction score
So I was working on my son’s 2013 Range Rover Evoque installing a new aftermarket radio. I finished and started the car fine. I went back to putting everything together and finished. I finished and then the car wouldn’t start. I got a slew of errors. This has happened a few weeks ago to and we just needed to jump the battery. So I hooked up my jump pack and she fired up. Car sits in garage for a few days and now doesn’t start again. This time does not take a jump. Battery was OEM from 2013 do I went and bought a brand new 850CCA battery. Installed and same problems. Parking brake fault and then TCM errors, HDC , Camera , etc….. so I read about it possibly being a fusable link. When I tested it with multimeter it showed 0 on ohms & 12v. It also looked to be burned. So I replaced that as well. Same outcome. I checked (with tester) every single fuse I found in engine compartment, behind glove box and in trunk and zero bad. Besides it possibly being a bad aux battery (which is being delivered tomorrow) I am at a complete loss. I have attached my Autel im508 diagnostic sheet. There are 2 things that have me puzzled along my diagnostic journey. 1. The ignition start button doesn’t seem to work every time I press it? Sometimes I have to hit it 3 times before dash lights come on. 2. I replaced the old style usb ports and cigarette lighter and utilized a constant 12v from one of them. It’s under the center console and has an orange connector. It’s a single brown wire. Well it no longer has power so it must have shorted out. That being said I have zero blown fuses? If any further reports are needed I can use the autel to provide. PLEASE HELP!!!! He got his permit and can’t even drive the car!
Also, tried manual method to get shifter knob to retract and it did not work. I did do the manual mode of putting the parking brake into Mtc mode and was successful in doing that and setting it back.

I do hear clicking when hitting start.

Sorry, I also erased all codes and they just keep coming back.

JDiehl

Reaction score
Did you try resetting the battery management system?

Johnnyd47

Reaction score
No this is what I’ve done so far. Erased all codes. Replaced starter, start switch, aux battery, main battery. Same outcome. Latest diagnosis report attached. I keep seeing parking brake fault upon trying to start. Sometimes I have to press the start button 4-6 times before it even does anything at all. I replaced the head unit in the vehicle with aftermarket one. I tried putting old radio back in but same results. Could it be one of the harnesses that attach underneath the shift knob in center console? I tried the manual method of retracting the shift knob and that didn’t work either.

Attachments

• 2023-12-06_09-47-13.pdf
    103.5 KB · Views: 36

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72