2015 side step -- really a side impact safety feature?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also like that they don't protrude too much, which doesn't look good to me (sorry to all you fans of aftermarket ones that do, ...

What the heck are you talking about?! Those factory boards stick out just as far as my RS or farther from what I've seen and they stand out to the eye rather than subtly disappearing.

The factory design provides the added joy of piling up snow or mud though so I can't argue with that ;)

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really?! Of course they "can".

Really?! Well, you "can" walk on the moon, but I don't think "you" can.

Anyway, I am asking because I ordered some sliders from Prospeed for my 13 LR4 and they have finally just arrived...however...i may trade it in for a 2016 so wanted to know if I can still install it. Pretty sure it's not an issue and if I happen to pull the trigger, i'll report back!

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really?! Well, you "can" walk on the moon, but I don't think "you" can.

Anyway, I am asking because I ordered some sliders from Prospeed for my 13 LR4 and they have finally just arrived...however...i may trade it in for a 2016 so wanted to know if I can still install it. Pretty sure it's not an issue and if I happen to pull the trigger, i'll report back!

Ok, I just don't understand why you don't just look under there and see the bolts to know what sockets to use. It's not all that complicated really. Structurally under there, there's practically no difference from 2005-2016. Bolt points, etc are basically all the same.

R Hermann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I am in the market for an LR4 and as a tall person I love being able to step in/out of a vehicle easily. The LR4 without bars is a nice, comfortable, natural ingress/egress. With the bars, the process is cumbersome and, to be honest, annoying. When we ordered our X6 the salesman tried to talk me into getting the silly BMW bars/step and I remember pointing out how it would hit my pants leg every time. We have lots of dirt roads and a dirty Winter here in Michigan so the bars will be perpetually dirty.

If I remove the bars, what is exposed and is there something to cover what is exposed?

Thanks!
Randy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72