255/70/16 on D1...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

Tunerworks

I am planning on putting 255/70/16 on my D1 with the stock 16x7 wheels. I checked the clearance with the current 235/70/16 and it seems that I will need to trim abit of the fender well...does anybody know if I need to do this? If so, how much trimming is involved?

Thanks...

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably will. I am assuming no lift. Check the fender trimming article in the technical section of the site...

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you don't mean 255/65/16? Those are the same height as stock.

That said, if you are getting 255/70's, the difference in height would be very slight compared to stock height (5% of 255mm), which makes me think that any trimming would be very minimal.

Do you stuff the tires? If so, might want to trim (and go ahead and get bigger tires too). If this is a street-only truck, I cannot imagine the difference is enough to go to the trouble of trimming the fenders.

Andy

T

Tunerworks

This is a all purpose winter vehicle for me that I take camping and occational light off-road. It is "Stock" ride height". Looking in the fender well with the 235's seems like it will be a tight squeeze with the 255. I don't mind that the 255/70/16 is taller than stock, I am mainly worried about the width and rubbing of the rear outside fender lip. The 255/70/16 has a fairly good tire selection!

anyone have any experiences?

I might just go with the 245/70/16 or 245/75/16...

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rear will rub slightly, only when going over bumps and compressing the suspension and shocks. The fronts might rub on the frame, which is easily fixable with the steering stop.

Check out the tire calculator on this site too for help with the exact measurements of the tire (compared to the ones on there right now)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo