275 65 R18 - Drivable on bumpstop in AES Failure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dthomp87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking to buy a set of tires, that size would be about 32". I dont want to be in a situation where the AES fails and there is nothing I can do.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really. There would be some rubbing....

...on the plus side, it would have to be one hell of a failure to make it un-recoverable. I mean like a branch through an air shock or a complete compressor failure (meaning you can't even get it to go one time a little bit) because even with an EAS problem that puts you at bumpstops, you can use your IIDTool to get it back up and then you can pull the fuses or put it in Build Mode after that.

Your concern is fair though....

dthomp87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the tires, they look wayyy better. Ride great too. Perfect fit with some slight rubbing on the plastic well that I can modify.

billj214

Reaction score
Look into Proud Rhino bump stop kit, it allows you to drive on bump stops. Some EAS failures will drop to bump stops and others won't, if you hit bump stops with those tires your likely not going anywhere. I have 285/65/18 and tires are firmly in the wheel well on bump stops, any driving would rip the fenders off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Trynian

Reaction score
just put in an emergency air up kit and you can manually air things up if needed. There are a couple different solutions out there if you search around. I made my own for my offroad adventures but there are simpler ones out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72