5500 miles road trip. snow & ice condition, -30 cold weather......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - pretty awesome!! I am inspired to do this trip myself now :)

What planning did you need to do? What prompted you?

What about finding places to stay on the way? Was it easy to find especially north of Alberta?

Really nothing special, bring a tow strap and some flare. Make sure to fill up at every gas station once you enter northern AB.

The best place to stay between Edmonton and Yellowknife is the super8 in Highlevel, AB.
For me, it does not worth the price,$140 per night.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - pretty awesome!! I am inspired to do this trip myself now :)

What planning did you need to do? What prompted you?

What about finding places to stay on the way? Was it easy to find especially north of Alberta?

I am so jealous. I have wanted to see the norther lights for years. Twice in the past 10 years have they made it this far south and I missed them both times.

Sounds like one hell of a trip. Cold temps, inspections, snow and even an annoyance with the wipers. I bet you still love the LR4 and couldn't think of a better truck to do the trip in. :)

Thanks for sharing. Love the pictures!

Rob

Yeah..LR4 is the best for such a trip.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's a great post!!! Great looking pictures. You experienced more with your LR4 than i will in my entire ownership. Great job.

aesopian

Reaction score
Beautiful pictures and a great trip report. Many people, including myself, were never happy with the stock tires. You've shown that a long arduous trip up into northern Canada can be accomplished with the LR4 as is off of the lot.

The adventure sounds like it was a blast.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pictures and a great trip report. Many people, including myself, were never happy with the stock tires. You've shown that a long arduous trip up into northern Canada can be accomplished with the LR4 as is off of the lot.

The adventure sounds like it was a blast.

Yeah, as long as you stay on the road, or may be a little bit of snow..the tires are fine. They are not to be designed into off road tire in the first time.

94speedster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome trip! That is definitely on the bucket list... and the LR4 is a great car to do it in!

-Blake

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72