96 power dropoff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alsdatto

Reaction score
sweet as thats good advice ill get back to you guys after the weekend

thanks a lot

alsdatto

Reaction score
i was just wondering is the vacuum advance that goes into the trottle body supposed to go all the way through because it is blocked i dunno if its supposed to be blocked because i stuck a needle in it and the block sounds metal. i have to check to dizzee end but yeah thanks again

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another check (but you should be getting a code - normally) would be on your tps - i.e., throttle position sensor as my book states that a tps gone funky will only permit you to get up to 1750/1800 rpm - that is once the system is 'closed' i.e. O2 sensors online and all sensors warmed up to op specs.

alsdatto

Reaction score
yeah i was thinkin that as well but i dont think that a code is coming up for that.
i re did all the vacuum lines on the weekend nothing got fixed. i have a new coil that i might replace tomorrow but dunno if that will do anything. i haven't checked anything else. i have to find somewhere cheap in melbourne apart from the dealerships that have diagnostic machines that i can check but be there at the same time so that i can check out the history and see whats going on.

alsdatto

Reaction score
i think i have isolated a possible problem.
the vacuum line from the vacuum advance has no suction on it. is it supposed to and the line it leads into on the top of the throttle body is blocked is it supposed to be?

alsdatto

Reaction score
i have just gotten off the phone to my mechanic and he says that the timing on th dizzy is completely out.
at the same time as this my cvs snapped on monday and thats why its in there

norm

Reaction score
]YOU MUST USE LAND ROVER rotar button AND CAP. COST ABOUT $ 100 OR SO. IT MAKES IT RUN FINE :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635