97 RR Radio made a popping noise and now it won't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ianace

Reaction score
I have a 97 RR and when I was driving home the other night, it made a popping noise. It continued to work and then about two minutes later I couldn't hear anything. I tried turning it on and off. Nothing works, the tape, the CD or the radio. The lights work and you can hear a little hum when it's on, but nothing else. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Linda

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a possible blown fuse... I would start with that.

Welcome to the forum.

Check fuses F5 and F1 of Satellite Fusebox 2,
and fuse F3 of Fascia Fusbox.

ianace

Reaction score
Ok, checked all the fuses and none were blown. Tried to turn it on again but it's asking for the code - which I have. I tried to enter it, but I have a "9" and a "0" in my code, the buttons are only numbered 1-6...how do you enter a 9 or a 0?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have a 9 or zero in your code... that is odd. Call the dealer with your Vin and double check your code.

ianace

Reaction score
I called the dealer. I did have the wrong code. I tried the correct code, but as soon as I enter it, I get -- -- -- --. I tried to clear it by pressing the Band button down for 4 seconds and waiting for it to say Code In again and that worked, but everytime I enter the code I get the dashes back. Any ideas? Thanks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the radio is bad.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635