99 Range bosch 4.6 driver actuator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been lock out of my truck a couple of times and was wondering if the actuator was bad. I dont have a remote and was gonna order 1 for $315 from dealer. Now would the remote work if the actuator is failing or is it unlocking the system on a different frequency? Trying to go the cheaper route. Either use the key or remote

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
When you use the key what if anything does it do when the issue happens? Could be a bad spring or failing spring in the actuator, mine tries to stay unlocked. Bought new actuators, but haven't had time to install yet.

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just unlocks driver door. So when I open the driver door it sets the alarm off. Now with my old 98 disco the previous owner just disconnected the acuator so when you uesd the key only the driver door would unlock. No alarm though but least it was locked. Last lock out I ripped the panel off and hit the acuator with a socket extension and hammer while my buudy was using the key and it open. Go figure. Heard just using the key isn't good on these

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM