a bad u joint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonzLWB

Reaction score
so i took my 95 lwb in to fix another o2 sensor and i told the mechanic my situation with the vibration cuz its gottin worse theres slight cherping and when i hit about 30 mph the noise is loud and the vibration is worse until about 75 then it quites down. he hasnt had a chance to look at it but he thinks it might be a bad u joint.?? i havent had the tires rotated and the front right tire is a different brand(three goodyear forteras and one big o tire)coulr this be that simple of a solution?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, how often do you lube the grease fittings?
How many miles on the truck?
If you haven't stayed on top of greasing your drive shafts, you should replace all the u-joints.

jonzLWB

Reaction score
i havent ive had the truck for 7 months and its my first rover.it has 113500 miles,is replacing all u joints pretty expensive?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if it were u-joints a Perssion 344 will do the job.
May need to get it into a shop and find out for sure.

jonzLWB

Reaction score
the drive shaft busted on me on the freeway this morning so it must have been a real bad u joint..

jonzLWB

Reaction score
yea it was jus me and i had a feelin it was gunna go out and sure enough it did so it left my ass stranded on the freeway for about two hours i got my mechanic lookin at it today so hopfully it aint gunna burn a hole in my wallet.thanks for your concern man i'll keep an update on how its goin

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are places where you can buy good used drive shafts, don't buy a new one from Rover. Let us know what sort of estimate you get cause mechanics love to screw people on these.
Let me know if you want a tele number so you can buy a used one.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635