A few oil questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I think for a lawn mower engine, any oil is better than no oil and that seems to be why lawn mower engines suffer rather severely at times.

For an aircraft turbine, I would probably pay attention to what the manufacturer recommends rather than an alternate oil seller. Our question is merely how close is the Jag engine to either of the two extremes of engine designs referred to above.

I agree, there is a difference though between "is it worth putting synthetic oil in from a cost//benefit perspective" and "will I screw up my engine because I upgraded my oil"

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you feel lucky?

I think Dirty Harry in the movies said it best.

I have some sympathy however; it is not a question with an easy answer. In fact I doubt there is a one and only always correct answer.

It sometimes comes down to luck.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This oil change since I already had the stuff on hand (Castrol 5W30 and Pureolator filter) I used that. Next I might do the syn stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4