ABS HDC and TC lights ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
04 discovery 4.6 the ligths ABS HDC and TC came on driving home on flat surface with no trailer ?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
When was the last time you changed the spark plugs and what type are you running? Mileage?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I know your wondering what spark plugs have to do with it... engine issues will cause a lot of LR problems... But those light:

Generally one of several things:

--> Wheel sensor (cheap fix)
--> ABS shuttle valve (cheap fix)
--> ABS modulator (not so cheap fix)

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the three lights came on the same time must be a sensor ,I drove the rover in the morning and the ligths was out ?!

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok where is located the wheel sensor ?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The sensor is located in the wheel Hub for each wheel.

ysaga

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about the shuttle valve and abs modulator ? i spoke with mechanic and sugested to check the tire pressure that will triger the coputer to turn off the tc abs and hdc ?

cjqsmom

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. It started when I was braking for a light and there was a small bump in the road I drove over. Now it has happened 4 or 5 moe times when I brake. As soon as I stop I turn the engine off then back on and the lights disapear. Any ideas? I am scheduled to go to the dealer on Wednesday can they hook something up to the computer to find out everything that is wrong? I just bought this thing last month and now I am getting worried. Also when driving should the motor be quiet or have like a growl to it and be able to hear it changing gears?

2001 Disco II 90850 miles

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
cjqsmom, you issue sounds like an ABS sensor needs to be reset or replaced.

Growling is either exhaust leak, or after market exhaust, so you would hear it if either.

Mine makes all kinds of noise, but then again I have a complete custom exhaust.

cjqsmom

Reaction score
can the abs sensor be replaced by me (my husband) or does the dealer need to do it. He has replaced engines before but the land rover looks more complicated. Also how would you reset it before replacing to see if that is the issue at hand?

thanks again

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4