Ac blows!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaz614

Reaction score
Hello Ladies & Gents,

I have a 1999 Range 4.0. The problem I'm having is when I turn Off the AC..I still get air coming the thru the vents. Can someone let me know what the solution is please. Thank You in advance..

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. with the A/C off the vents are still open, you have to close the louvers in the vehicle to close it off. If I remember Correctly.

Ringo

Reaction score
I'm guessing you are refering to the dash vents. Yes, you must close them using the ring with and arrow on it next to the the vent louvers.

mckee3210

Reaction score
The motors that set the flappers inside the HVAC may be worn or dirty and non functional. I have been taking a lot of things apart on my 1996 Range Rover and just cleaning them to get the mechanical doors to move better. Also I disassembled electric motors on the side of the HVAC by the kick panels and found they needed cleaning up and a touch of grease. Those actuators break gears inside of them and do not move the doors. You can repair the gear . There are good pages on the net explaining it. I think landrovers.net has some good repair images and instructions.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635